If you wish to update your TomTom navigation device you must install the MyDrive Connect application on your system. MyDrive Connect is a user-friendly application that guarantees fast and easy management for TomTom updates. This application helps you to manage your content and services on your TomTom navigation devices.
Benefits Of TomTom Update
Updating your TomTom navigation software is beneficial for you as it provides the following benefits:
- Improved Trip Statistics.
- New Feature Overview
- Helps in Enhanced routing
- Performance optimization
Step 1. Setup MyDrive Connect Application
To begin with the TomTom update procedure, you are required to set up the MyDrive Connect application. In other words, you have to download, install and activate the software for Tomtom update.
- First of all, open your preferred web browser on your device.
- Thereafter, visit the official website of TomTom in order to download the MyDrive Connect application.
- Thereafter, look for the download link specified for your operating system. Hence, click on the downloaded link.
- As a result, this will start downloading the MyDrive Connect application on your preferred device.
- Firstly, open the download folder on your device.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded setup file.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the process.
After this, you need to activate the MyDrive Connect setup to exploit the full potential of TomTom devices.
Step 2. Login To Your TomTom Account
- First and foremost, you should open the MyDrive Connect application that you have installed on your computer.
- Thereafter, you will be prompted to login to your TomTom account. If you already have an account, then you are required to enter the login credentials associated with the MyDrive Connect account.
- Consequently, click on the “Login” button in order to login to your MyDrive Connect account successfully.
- However, in case if you haven’t created your account yet. Then, you should first create it. For this, you should go to the official website of MyDrive Connect. Here, you should click on the “Create Account” tab. Subsequently, follow the on-screen prompts and create your account.
- Once your account is created and verified, after that login to your account.
Step 3. Connect Your TomTom Device To The Computer
- After this, you should connect your TomTom device with the computer using the USB cable. For that, connect one end of the USB cable with your TomTom device and another end with the computer.
- Subsequently, you need to turn on your computer.
- As a result, this will connect the device to the system successfully.
Step 4. TomTom Update Procedure
The following set of instructions provides a step by step guideline to users for updating the Tomtom navigating devices in the most simple way.
- The very first window that will prompt after you have login to MyDrive Connect account will show you a number of updates available.
- For instance, search the file that you have to update and select all such files.
- Look out for the “Update Selected” tab and click it.
- You will be asked to “Agree and Install” the updates that are available.
- In case, no “Agree and Install” option pops up, there is a possibility that you have already updated the software of your TomTom navigation devices.
- So, in that case, you should disconnect your TomTom device and skip the remaining steps.
- Subsequently, the TomTom update will be downloaded and installed on your device.
- After that, a window showing the status of the download and installation bar will appear on your screen.
- Now, you have to wait for the TomTom update process to complete successfully. Simultaneously, make sure that the system stays connected to the internet throughout the process. Moreover, avoid any other activity on your system so that it doesn’t slow down the download.
- Once, you have completed the TomTom update procedure, you will be informed with the “ You’re ready to go” message on your system.
- Now, you need to click on the “My Content” tab in order to return back to the opening window.
- Next, you must wait for the message that deems it safe to disconnect from the device. After that, do the needful.
Hence, this completes the TomTom update procedure on your preferred device using the MyDrive Connect application. Now, you can take advantage of the enhanced feature that you get to use after the update.