How to do TomTom Update using TomTom Home?
TomTom Home – Download TomTom MyDrive Connect Software in order to do TomTom Update. Update Your Navigation Device and Enjoy TomTom GPS Here.
Today’s technologically advanced human society is always on the move. Whether within the confines of our cities or at the remotest corners of the planet, we are always on road. Hence, with such a travelling nature, humans have always appreciated the knowledge of navigation. Therefore, with time, our navigation technology has also evolved. Currently, human’s use satellite based technology for navigation. And one of the leading champions of this technology is Tomtom Home.
Tomtom Home is a globally recognized developer & creator of navigation technology and consumer electronics. It manufactures satellite navigation devices to make our world more secure and free from chaos. It extends smart and innovative mobility solutions by means of highly accurate maps, navigation softwares, real-time traffic information and services.
Tomtom Home, the industry leading location specialist, is trusted worldwide for innovative location technologies that keeps the world moving forward – efficiently and safely.
Tomtom Home is a multipurpose desktop software that gives users a single point management console free of cost. This software gives you access to all your tomtom devices from one computer saving your time and effort. This innovative tool is designed to give you complete management control of all your navigation products without adding any complexity.
Tomtom Home allows you to backup, restore, update, personalize and manage all the devices with a simple click of your mouse. It features many useful options like installing new maps and services, receiving free traffic alerts and much more.
Besides, you can get latest softwares and updates, free daily map corrections, buy maps and subscribe to services, access free content from it’s extensive library. Also, you can personalize it by installing different startup images, Points of Interest, voices, arrival sounds, scenic routes, and color schemes etc.
Moreover, all this is exceptionally convenient and user friendly on account of intuitive user interface with helpful setup wizard. In short, it is the most essential and the only tool needed to keep you organized and updated.
Tomtom Home is available for use on both Windows and Mac based platforms. Though, it is extremely versatile. Still, you must ensure your system meets specified requirements before proceeding for it’s download.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 / 8.1 except the obsolete RT variant
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista and XP are compatible but not recommended for optimum performance.
- Intel based Mac OS 10.7
- Intel based Mac OS 10.8
- Intel based Mac OS 10.9
- Intel based Mac OS 10.10
- Intel based Mac OS 10.11
- Intel based Mac OS 10.12
- Intel based Mac OS 10.13
- Intel based Mac OS 10.14
- Intel based Mac OS 10.7 is compatible but not recommended on account of performance issues.
Tomtom Home requires unrestricted high speed internet connection for best in class performance. Since firewalls, antivirus scanners, pop up blockers etc can interfere with it’s performance. Therefore, you should configure your firewall and router to allow Tomtom Home full access to the internet.
In case of business networks, make required changes for unrestricted internet connection or set up a designated network for Tomtom Home.
Additionally, avoid using a public networks as it could cause a download or installation failure on account of unstable internet connection.
Tomtom Home Setup
Setting up Tomtom Home is immensely simple and convenient. Indeed, it is a time saving procedure that involves basic download, installation and activation action. It is a cakewalk for even a non-technical user. Indeed, it takes away all the complexity and time consuming methodology from your lives.
Tomtom Home download is forthright and superfast which can be performed without much skills or technical know-how. All you need is a fast broadband.
Download for Tomtom Home is free of cost and available online. Moreover, it’s compatibility with for both Windows and Mac based platforms.
- Firstly, you must open an internet browser on your computer. For this purpose, locate the browser icon either on desktop or taskbar of your monitor.
- Click on the browser icon to open it. Now, wait while the page loads completely.
- Next, you are required to go to the webpage of tomtom home. As such, type in tomtom.com/home/ in the address bar of your browser. Then, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- This takes you to the required webpage for download.
- Now, you are required to download the application setup file on your device. You will find two options for download i.e. Windows or Mac. This is because you have to download different setup files for Windows and Mac. Choose appropriately by clicking either on Windows or Mac to access the download link. The selected option will be expanded in the left panel.
- Thereafter, look for the highlighted Download button. Click on the Download button to initiate the process. Once again, you must remember to be sure of downloading the file specific to your Operating System.
- This will begin the download which will take time depending upon the speed of your internet connection. Meanwhile,if prompted to provide desired location to save the file, do the needful. Otherwise, the file will be automatically saved at your system’s default download location.
- You should wait patiently for the download to complete. Additionally, you must keep the system connected to the internet throughout the process.
As such, Tomtom Home is downloaded to your system. This prepares you for the next stage, namely, Installation.
Tomtom Home installation is an extremely simple and one-time process facilitated by a user friendly setup wizard. It saves you from a lot of time consuming and complicated processes in future. It adds convenience to your daily life with Tomtom devices.
- To begin with, you must search for the setup file that was downloaded in the last set of instructions. The downloaded file is accessible either at it’s default location or at at your designated place.
- For this purpose, you should look at the downloads folder by clicking the file icon from your monitor’s taskbar. Now look for the download folder under Favourites. Click on it to open it. Your downloaded setup file will be there.
- Alternatively, find it at the location that you specified.
- Next, you should double click the setup file to open the installer. This will open a pop-up box that prompts you to perform further actions.
- Click Run to initiate the process.
- This will open another window with a drop down menu providing a list of languages for Tomtom Home. Select the desired language from this list.
- Click Ok to confirm your choice.
- Thereafter, the InstallShield Wizard for Tomtom Home will open.
- Click Next to continue.
- Next window will provide you with a link to read End User License Agreement. Click on the link to review the terms and thereafter tick mark the box to proceed.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Subsequent window will have the option to change the location for installed application. For this, click Change and specify location. Otherwise, click Next if you want to install to the standard installation folder.
- Finally, click Install on the following window to start the process. However, in case if you get one or more User Account Control messages, click Yes to all. This should start the installation process.
- Since it will take time to complete the installation for Tomtom Home. Hence, wait while ensuring that system must remain securely connected for the entire process.
- Once completed, click Finish to exit the installer.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes made to the system.
This brings you to the last stage of Tomtom Home setup. This is again a remarkably simple and amazingly user oriented.
- Begin by opening your internet browser on the computer.
- Now, open the Tomtom Home page. For this, type in tomtom.com/home in the browser’s address bar. Then press the Enter key of your keyboard.
- This opens the required website for you. Here, you must create your account. For this, look at the top right corner of the window for the Profile icon. Click on it to expand it.
- Under account, you will notice multiple option. Click on Login.
- Next window will display two alternatives. Either Log In or Create New Account. Click on Create One.
- Subsequent window will require you to fill in certain details for account creation. Therefore, enter the required details carefully.
- Here, you have the option to allow promotional content to be sent to your email address. You can select the box besides this option if you want promotional offers. If you wish to learn more about the same, click the link saying “How We Use Your Information”.
- Following that you have a link for General Terms and Conditions. Click on it and review the details from the next window. Close this window after reviewing the terms.
- Click Create Account to proceed with Tomtom Home activation.
- You will be notified after successful account creation on the webpage. Additionally, you will get the confirmation in your email account.
- Henceforth, you must open your email account.
- Under your email account, look for the confirmation mail received from Tomtom Home. Open the mail.
- This mail contains a link to verify your email address. Hence, click the link to verify it. As such, your account is created successfully.
- Now, you should open the installed Tomtom Home application on your desktop. For this, look for the Tomtom Home icon on the desktop and click on it.
- This should open the home screen of Tomtom Home user interface.
- This window will prompt you to Log In. Hence, enter your signin credentials carefully and click LogIn.
- This brings you to the end of Tomtom Home Setup procedure.
Tomtom Home Uninstallation
At times, you may want to uninstall Tomtom Home from your desktop. Although, it is not recommended. Since it will deny you the smooth and efficient means of managing your devices. Still, you can do this by performing a simple set of instructions.
- In order to uninstall the application, open your system’s start menu. For this, click the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- From the Start Menu, you should click on the Control Panel in the right hand panel.
- This will open the Control Panel on your screen. Here, look for the Programs tab and click on it.
- Now, click on Uninstall Program under Programs and Features in the right panel of the Program’s menu.
- You will be presented with a list of all the installed applications and softwares on your device.
- Browse this list to search for Tomtom Home. Select it and right click on it.
- This opens a pop up box. Click Uninstall to initiate the process.
- You may be asked for permission of User Account Control. Click Yes to proceed.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Restart your system to apply the changes.
- You must click and hold the Tomtom Home icon in the Dock. Thereafter, choose Quit to close it.
- Now look for the Finder menu in the Dock of your Mac. It must be at the lower left hand side of the screen.
- Here, click on Go.
- Next, you should click on Applications. This will open another window with a list of all the applications installed on your Mac.
- You must search for Tomtom Home from this list.
- Select and Drag it to your Trash.
- As such, Tomtom Home is removed from your Mac. Before proceeding, you must restart your Mac to apply changes.
This gives you a glimpse of basic procedures that prepares you for using this fabulous application. Tomtom Home aims at simplifying your lives while ensuring unmatched, tailor-made and innovative mobility solutions.